Business Overview

Senior Assisted Living Center with Memory Care in an Affluent Area: This long-term care facility, licensed for Assisted Living & Memory Care, has been providing a home to seniors for over 30 years. It is located in an upscale community and is beautifully landscaped on the outside with a cozy feel on the inside. The facility is recognized for giving compassionate care to its residents in a lovely home environment. The financial history is excellent and the annual occupancy rates have been over 90% for the last 4 years. Contact Murphy Business & Financial to learn more about this opportunity.


  • Asking Price: $5,750,000
  • Cash Flow: $642,784
  • Gross Revenue: $1,711,972
  • FF&E: $222,064
  • Inventory: N/A
  • Inventory Included: N/A
  • Established: 1990

Detailed Information

  • Property Owned or Leased:Own
  • Property Included:Yes
  • Building Square Footage:11,080
  • Lot Size:N/A
  • Total Number of Employees:18
  • Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment:N/A
About The Facility:

The facility is situated on a little over 2 acres and has great street frontage for high visibility. The main building consists of 11,080 sq. ft. and, also, has an out building for additional office and storage space. The resident beds occupy 53.9% of the facility while the Common Area utilizes the remaining 46.1%. Total Resident Area 5,975 sq. ft.

Is Support & Training Included:

Will train for 4 weeks @ $0 cost. The facility is licensed by the State of Missouri as an Independent Nursing Care, Assisted Living and Memory Care facility (NC/ALF/MC). A licensed Administrator is required.

Purpose For Selling:

Seller wants to Retire.

Pros and Cons:

There other facilities in the market area. However, there is not a saturation situation and demand for services is still quite strong.

Opportunities and Growth:

With some modification, and the addition of two staff member, one wing of the facility could be devoted to memory care. This would allow for an increase in revenues. In addition, Seller has architectural plans for an addition wing to the facility utilizing the existing parcel of land.

Additional Info

The business was started in 1990, making the business 32 years old.

The business has 18 FT/8 PT employees and is situated in a building with estimated square footage of 11,080 sq ft.

Why is the Current Owner Selling The Business?

There are all kinds of reasons individuals decide to sell businesses. However, the true factor vs the one they tell you may be 2 totally different things. For instance, they might state "I have way too many various responsibilities" or "I am retiring". For many sellers, these factors stand. But, for some, these may simply be excuses to attempt to conceal the reality of changing demographics, increased competitors, recent decrease in earnings, or an array of various other factors. This is why it is really crucial that you not rely totally on a vendor's word, however instead, utilize the vendor's solution combined with your overall due diligence. This will repaint an extra sensible image of the business's present scenario.

Existing Debts and Future Obligations

If the current company is in debt, which lots of businesses are, then you will certainly need to consider this when valuating/preparing your offer. Many operating businesses take out loans in order to cover items like stock, payroll, accounts payable, so on and so forth. Bear in mind that occasionally this can indicate that revenue margins are too small. Numerous businesses come under a revolving door of taking on debt as a way to pay back other loans. Along with debts, there may additionally be future commitments to take into consideration. There might be an outstanding lease on tools or the building where the business resides. The business may have existing contracts with suppliers that must be fulfilled or may cause penalties if canceled early.

Understanding the Customer Base, Competition and Area Demographics

How do businesses in the area draw in new consumers? Many times, businesses have repeat consumers, which form the core of their everyday revenues. Particular aspects such as new competition growing up around the location, roadway building and construction, and also staff turnover can impact repeat customers as well as negatively impact future earnings. One vital thing to think about is the area of the business. Is it in a highly trafficked shopping center, or is it concealed from the main road? Certainly, the more people that see the business regularly, the greater the chance to build a returning client base. A last idea is the general location demographics. Is the business situated in a largely populated city, or is it located on the outskirts of town? Exactly how might the neighborhood typical house earnings effect future revenue potential?